Sunday, February 21, 2010

WITHOUT YOU


Stacey, aged 42, Minnesota....shares from the book "What the Bible says about Grieving"...I sat numbly at my husband's graveside and wished for the pain to go away. I wanted so badly to share the heartache with my best friend. But that friend now lay lifeless, unable to listen or respond to the pain his death had caused me. He had left this life without a final goodbye, and I just wasn't ready to part ways. I had much more to tell him, and we had much more life to share. In the days to come, it meant so much to have other people around. And while they couldn't take away the pain, it was nice to have people nearby even if they were only able to listen,hug, and cry along with me...

This all sounds too familiar and it reflects me all the way...not only that I cannot reached out to you dearest Pink Panther...I can't see,touch,hear and smell you....all that is taken prematurely away from me. As I reflect on our meeting it is really God's plan...I met you in the early 1980's when I left for my further studies and you were already working in Bintulu and when I came back home you are still in Bintulu...the most available bachelor around they said...but I was not interested in the package that I saw...but hopelessly and helplessly I could not run far...it ended with the "I do..I do" ceremony at Saint Anthony Church Bintulu. I always shared this with the girls and reminded them to go and explore...not to be complacent and most of all not to be tied down because I believe that God has made and created plans for us way beyond our knowledge and that includes our life time partners...no matter what and where we go...if that chosen person's name is already written in HIS little book...we will meet up again. That's what happen to us Pink Panther...and I comforted myself in believing that you have to go soon because I know you will be there when its my time to come home...ciao...

No comments:

Post a Comment